Sunday, August 3, 2008

Be Grateful


So, through my many many trials over the past year or so, I've had some doubts about things and where I should be in my life. I've wanted to be angry and I've wanted to just stop in my tracks and wallow in my so-called despair. You know, what good does it do to ponder on the bad things that happen in life? Yes, I've had many struggles and continue to have them, but also have SO many good things in my life to be grateful for. As I see it, you have two choices. You can look at your "problems" as trials to learn from and grow from, or you can turn your back on opportunities for building faith and compassion for others that may someday be in a similar situation. When I found out Riley would have hydrocephalus, I honestly wanted Heavenly Father to just make it go away and have Riley be born completely "normal." What I didn't realize at the time was that Heavenly Father was giving me a gift and was giving me a learning experience to grow from spiritually and in a lot of ways, emotionally. As I've started to look at things in that light, my life has been a lot easier. It's easier to have faith that everything will turn out for the best than it is to make yourself be angry. I truly believe that!! I have too many miracles and blessings in my life to have a bad attitude. It's just not worth it.

No comments: