Monday, August 4, 2008

Back from R&R


So, the past couple weeks have been really hard having Shane gone. He was here for two weeks for Riley's surgery, but obviously had to leave once those two weeks were up. I think it's almost harder having the person you love here for two weeks be with you then have to leave again, then it is to just be apart. I guess it almost felt like a tease in a way. I'm so happy he was here though. I couldn't have gone through Riley's surgery without him here. He's such a strong person and he always keeps me right where I should be. We also had a lot of fun and it was nice to get a break every once in a while to just be together. I can definitely say being away from him is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. You hear about things happening and you get scared and worried and that anxiety seems to linger with you into everyday life if you let it. It's really hard not to, I'll be honest. I definitely cry a lot and have my share of sleepness nights, but really, I'm just happy Shane is safe and that he's doing well over there. I just keep the prayers coming because I truly do believe they work...

No comments: